Chinese pottery artist with speech, hearing impairments inspires
Kang Zhimin, a pottery artist from China, is speech and hearing impaired, and makes the most amazing clay sculptures.
He initially learnt the work of TV repair but could not do it well. With the support of his parents, he joined a school for people with disabilities and found his real talent.
Despite facing many challenges in life, Kang is now happy doing pottery and wants to set up his own clay studio. He wants to train others with disabilities in the art of clay pottery.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018