Chinese pottery artist with speech, hearing impairments inspires
Kang Zhimin, a pottery artist from China, is speech and hearing impaired, and makes the most amazing clay sculptures.
He initially learnt the work of TV repair but could not do it well. With the support of his parents, he joined a school for people with disabilities and found his real talent.
Despite facing many challenges in life, Kang is now happy doing pottery and wants to set up his own clay studio. He wants to train others with disabilities in the art of clay pottery.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News