Chinese pottery artist with speech, hearing impairments inspires
Kang Zhimin, a pottery artist from China, is speech and hearing impaired, and makes the most amazing clay sculptures.
He initially learnt the work of TV repair but could not do it well. With the support of his parents, he joined a school for people with disabilities and found his real talent.
Despite facing many challenges in life, Kang is now happy doing pottery and wants to set up his own clay studio. He wants to train others with disabilities in the art of clay pottery.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News