Wheelchair user who travels to inspire others with disabilities
October 20, 2017
Sunita Sancheti was only 16 years old when she lost all sensation below her waist following a spine injury due to medical negligence.
She had to drop out of college as there were no facilities at her college and awareness among her professors was low.
This made her aware of how indifferent Indians were to the needs of people with disabilities. It was when she had a chance to stay in the United Kingdom that she became aware of the possibilities for PwD to move about as freely as abled people if the right infrastructure is in place.
She works with NGOs and has travelled across 28 states and more than 40 cities across India to spread awareness about disabilities and make tourist places and universities more accessible.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News