Swarga Foundation to make Coimbatore railway station toilets disabled-friendly
March 13, 2017
Swarga Foundation is a NGO based in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu that has undertaken the job of renovating the toilets at Coimbatore Railway Junction.
The toilets at present are not accessible for people with disabilities. Swarga Foundation has taken the necessary permissions from the Southern Railways.
The work will be done on the toilets on three platforms to make them more user-friendly for people with disabilities.
The alterations will include non-slippery tiles, replacing the metal handle bars with a material like non-rusting stainless steel and creating grab bars on both sides of the toilets.
The cost of the project will be Rs 2.5 lakh and the NGO will take care of the expenses.
Watch in Sign Language
- Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
May 20, 2019
- Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
May 17, 2019
- Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
May 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Art that moves & inspires, given a new life by HeART Beat Foundation
- Events May 16, 2019 Na Main Na Hain
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Events May 15, 2019 TCS 10k Run with Smileys & Run with Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News