Swarga Foundation to make Coimbatore railway station toilets disabled-friendly
Swarga Foundation is a NGO based in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu that has undertaken the job of renovating the toilets at Coimbatore Railway Junction.
The toilets at present are not accessible for people with disabilities. Swarga Foundation has taken the necessary permissions from the Southern Railways.
The work will be done on the toilets on three platforms to make them more user-friendly for people with disabilities.
The alterations will include non-slippery tiles, replacing the metal handle bars with a material like non-rusting stainless steel and creating grab bars on both sides of the toilets.
The cost of the project will be Rs 2.5 lakh and the NGO will take care of the expenses.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
January 24, 2019
- Paytm modifies app to make it accessible for blind, low vision users
January 24, 2019
- From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
January 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News