Swarga Foundation to make Coimbatore railway station toilets disabled-friendly
March 13, 2017
Swarga Foundation is a NGO based in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu that has undertaken the job of renovating the toilets at Coimbatore Railway Junction.
The toilets at present are not accessible for people with disabilities. Swarga Foundation has taken the necessary permissions from the Southern Railways.
The work will be done on the toilets on three platforms to make them more user-friendly for people with disabilities.
The alterations will include non-slippery tiles, replacing the metal handle bars with a material like non-rusting stainless steel and creating grab bars on both sides of the toilets.
The cost of the project will be Rs 2.5 lakh and the NGO will take care of the expenses.
Watch in Sign Language
- PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
March 25, 2019
- Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
March 22, 2019
- Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Headlines March 25, 2019 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern wins praise for response to terror attack
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 An inclusive blindfolded walkathon at Delhi University aims to build inclusion
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News