Swarga Foundation to make Coimbatore railway station toilets disabled-friendly
March 13, 2017
Swarga Foundation is a NGO based in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu that has undertaken the job of renovating the toilets at Coimbatore Railway Junction.
The toilets at present are not accessible for people with disabilities. Swarga Foundation has taken the necessary permissions from the Southern Railways.
The work will be done on the toilets on three platforms to make them more user-friendly for people with disabilities.
The alterations will include non-slippery tiles, replacing the metal handle bars with a material like non-rusting stainless steel and creating grab bars on both sides of the toilets.
The cost of the project will be Rs 2.5 lakh and the NGO will take care of the expenses.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Sachin is sixth Indian cricket Hall of Fame
- Headlines July 19, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News