Pune Artificial Limb Centre gets Interactive Voice Response System
March 13, 2017
The Artificial Limb Centre -ALC in Pune city, now has a new Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS).
The system will enable the people from any part of the country to get medical advice on their limb injuries over phone. The service is expected to be useful for Civilians and armed forces personnel.
The IVRS will have a team of doctors, including senior army officers available on phones to give relevant advice.
The Artificial Limb Centre was initially set up to give prosthetics to disabled personnel of the armed forces. However, the service was extended to other people from 1951 onwards.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News