Pune Artificial Limb Centre gets Interactive Voice Response System
March 13, 2017
The Artificial Limb Centre -ALC in Pune city, now has a new Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS).
The system will enable the people from any part of the country to get medical advice on their limb injuries over phone. The service is expected to be useful for Civilians and armed forces personnel.
The IVRS will have a team of doctors, including senior army officers available on phones to give relevant advice.
The Artificial Limb Centre was initially set up to give prosthetics to disabled personnel of the armed forces. However, the service was extended to other people from 1951 onwards.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News