Pune Artificial Limb Centre gets Interactive Voice Response System
The Artificial Limb Centre -ALC in Pune city, now has a new Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS).
The system will enable the people from any part of the country to get medical advice on their limb injuries over phone. The service is expected to be useful for Civilians and armed forces personnel.
The IVRS will have a team of doctors, including senior army officers available on phones to give relevant advice.
The Artificial Limb Centre was initially set up to give prosthetics to disabled personnel of the armed forces. However, the service was extended to other people from 1951 onwards.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019