Interesting travelling tips for wheelchair users
October 19, 2017
For people who use wheelchairs, travelling can be a challenge. However, they can leave their comfort zones if they keep a few tips in mind.
While checking whether a hotel is accessible, do not rely on travel websites only. Call the hotel directly.
Check where the hotel is located to make sure that the area around it is accessible as well.
If you are going abroad, call the hotel staff during day time. This is because the hotel staff is more informative and alert during the day. Do not be discouraged by dull or unhelpful answers. Try one more time for the correct information.
Ask the hotel staff to send you pictures of the room you will be staying in, especially the bathroom.
Find out what the language spoken locally is and check the local transport modes that are available.
Let the hotel and the airline you are using know that you are a wheelchair user, so necessary arrangements can be made.
Don't forget to take lots of pictures and have a great trip!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 27, 2019 PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 An exclusive anthem for children with hearing disabilities aims to spread awareness
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Employment May 27, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kerala unhappy over denial of scheme for self-employment
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News