Interesting travelling tips for wheelchair users
For people who use wheelchairs, travelling can be a challenge. However, they can leave their comfort zones if they keep a few tips in mind.
While checking whether a hotel is accessible, do not rely on travel websites only. Call the hotel directly.
Check where the hotel is located to make sure that the area around it is accessible as well.
If you are going abroad, call the hotel staff during day time. This is because the hotel staff is more informative and alert during the day. Do not be discouraged by dull or unhelpful answers. Try one more time for the correct information.
Ask the hotel staff to send you pictures of the room you will be staying in, especially the bathroom.
Find out what the language spoken locally is and check the local transport modes that are available.
Let the hotel and the airline you are using know that you are a wheelchair user, so necessary arrangements can be made.
Don’t forget to take lots of pictures and have a great trip!
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports January 23, 2019 Para badminton camp in Mumbai seeks to nurture talent, attract support
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Technology January 23, 2019 Inspiration is just a phone call away thanks to EnAble Vaani
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News