Interesting travelling tips for wheelchair users
October 19, 2017
For people who use wheelchairs, travelling can be a challenge. However, they can leave their comfort zones if they keep a few tips in mind.
While checking whether a hotel is accessible, do not rely on travel websites only. Call the hotel directly.
Check where the hotel is located to make sure that the area around it is accessible as well.
If you are going abroad, call the hotel staff during day time. This is because the hotel staff is more informative and alert during the day. Do not be discouraged by dull or unhelpful answers. Try one more time for the correct information.
Ask the hotel staff to send you pictures of the room you will be staying in, especially the bathroom.
Find out what the language spoken locally is and check the local transport modes that are available.
Let the hotel and the airline you are using know that you are a wheelchair user, so necessary arrangements can be made.
Don't forget to take lots of pictures and have a great trip!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News