Interesting travelling tips for wheelchair users
October 19, 2017
For people who use wheelchairs, travelling can be a challenge. However, they can leave their comfort zones if they keep a few tips in mind.
While checking whether a hotel is accessible, do not rely on travel websites only. Call the hotel directly.
Check where the hotel is located to make sure that the area around it is accessible as well.
If you are going abroad, call the hotel staff during day time. This is because the hotel staff is more informative and alert during the day. Do not be discouraged by dull or unhelpful answers. Try one more time for the correct information.
Ask the hotel staff to send you pictures of the room you will be staying in, especially the bathroom.
Find out what the language spoken locally is and check the local transport modes that are available.
Let the hotel and the airline you are using know that you are a wheelchair user, so necessary arrangements can be made.
Don't forget to take lots of pictures and have a great trip!
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News