Blind & Deaf movie review of Badrinath Ki Dulhania
March 25, 2017
A blind perspective:
Badrinath Ki Dulhania is a typical love story of Varun Dhawan as Badrinath and Alia Bhatt as Vaidehi.
The movie starts with Badrinath giving introduction about his family members.
Badri is only a Class 10 passout and didn't go for higher education as he comes from a rich family in Jhansi of Uttar Pradesh.
Vaidehi lives in Kota with her family. She is as an independent girl who is pursuing her higher education from Kota only.
Vaidehi gets cheated by her former boyfriend Sagar who runs away after taking 12 lakhs from her father.
So, she wants to do job for fulfilling her dreams and supporting her family financially.
Together Badri and Vaidehi break the old traditions and make people think about the gender roles in a different way.
The film is a fantastic one-time watch as it has comedy, emotions and love.
From the view of accessibility, I can say this is an average film. Badri's voice-over helps to relate to some important scenes in the film. The film's disclaimer shown in the start of the film has an audio description which makes it accessible for the visually impaired audience.
A sighted perspective:
Hindi romantic comedy film, Badrinath ki Dulhania means Badrinath's bride.
The film features Varun Dhawan as Badrinath or Badri, Alia Bhatt as Vaidehi, Sahil Vaid as Badri's friend Somdev in important roles.
The film is written and directed by Shashank Khaitan and produced by Karan Johar.
Badri belongs to an orthodox family in Jhansi where boys and girls are not given equal treatment.
On the other hand, Vaidehi is a well-educated and independent girl from Kota who has her own dreams to achieve.
Badri wants to marry Vaidehi but she rejects him not once but many times as she doesn't find him compatible.
But cute boy Badri doesn't lose hope and helps Vaidehi sort her family issues. Eventually Vaidehi agrees to marry Badri.
The film takes a turn when Vaidehi runs away from the wedding location leaving Badri sad and alone.
Frustrated Badri decides to take revenge from Vaidehi but will his love for Vaidehi allow him to do so forms the remaining part of the story.
Best parts of the film are hilarious dialogues between Varun and Sahil. Varun looks sweet and Alia is cute as ever in the film. The film is a family-entertainer and a one-time watch. It combines a love story with a good message on gender equality.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Events May 26, 2019 Awareness Program for Down Syndrome
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News