Blind & Deaf movie review of Badrinath Ki Dulhania
A blind perspective:
Badrinath Ki Dulhania is a typical love story of Varun Dhawan as Badrinath and Alia Bhatt as Vaidehi.
The movie starts with Badrinath giving introduction about his family members.
Badri is only a Class 10 passout and didn’t go for higher education as he comes from a rich family in Jhansi of Uttar Pradesh.
Vaidehi lives in Kota with her family. She is as an independent girl who is pursuing her higher education from Kota only.
Vaidehi gets cheated by her former boyfriend Sagar who runs away after taking 12 lakhs from her father.
So, she wants to do job for fulfilling her dreams and supporting her family financially.
Together Badri and Vaidehi break the old traditions and make people think about the gender roles in a different way.
The film is a fantastic one-time watch as it has comedy, emotions and love.
From the view of accessibility, I can say this is an average film. Badri’s voice-over helps to relate to some important scenes in the film. The film’s disclaimer shown in the start of the film has an audio description which makes it accessible for the visually impaired audience.
A sighted perspective:
Hindi romantic comedy film, Badrinath ki Dulhania means Badrinath’s bride.
The film features Varun Dhawan as Badrinath or Badri, Alia Bhatt as Vaidehi, Sahil Vaid as Badri's friend Somdev in important roles.
The film is written and directed by Shashank Khaitan and produced by Karan Johar.
Badri belongs to an orthodox family in Jhansi where boys and girls are not given equal treatment.
On the other hand, Vaidehi is a well-educated and independent girl from Kota who has her own dreams to achieve.
Badri wants to marry Vaidehi but she rejects him not once but many times as she doesn't find him compatible.
But cute boy Badri doesn't lose hope and helps Vaidehi sort her family issues. Eventually Vaidehi agrees to marry Badri.
The film takes a turn when Vaidehi runs away from the wedding location leaving Badri sad and alone.
Frustrated Badri decides to take revenge from Vaidehi but will his love for Vaidehi allow him to do so forms the remaining part of the story.
Best parts of the film are hilarious dialogues between Varun and Sahil. Varun looks sweet and Alia is cute as ever in the film. The film is a family-entertainer and a one-time watch. It combines a love story with a good message on gender equality.
Watch in Sign Language
- Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
November 17, 2018
- What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
November 17, 2018
- Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
November 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 11, 2018 ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News