Deaf critic movie review of Beauty and the Beast
A hearing perspective:
Beauty and the Beast is an American musical romantic fantasy film.
The film is a live-action remake of Disney’s 1991 cartoon film of the same name.
The film features Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as The Prince or Beast in important roles.
The film starts at the young Prince’s castle when an elderly beggar woman transforms him into a beast and his servants into different household objects.
A young beautiful woman Belle has a keen interest in reading books and is bored of her village life.
In a turn of events, the Beast arrests Belle’s father in the castle.
Belle rescues her father and in return offers herself in her father’s place in the castle.
Belle dislikes the Beast’s arrogant and rude behaviour but enjoys interacting with the talking teapot and cup, wardrobe, feather duster, keyboard, candle tree and mantel clock.
The way Belle gets to understand the kind heart and soul of the true prince that hides inside the Beast forms the remaining part of the lovely story.
The film is a visual delight to the viewers. The musical representation of most twists is captured beautifully. The film is a must watch for its message ‘true beauty is the beauty from within’.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News