Deaf critic movie review of Beauty and the Beast
A hearing perspective:
Beauty and the Beast is an American musical romantic fantasy film.
The film is a live-action remake of Disney’s 1991 cartoon film of the same name.
The film features Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as The Prince or Beast in important roles.
The film starts at the young Prince’s castle when an elderly beggar woman transforms him into a beast and his servants into different household objects.
A young beautiful woman Belle has a keen interest in reading books and is bored of her village life.
In a turn of events, the Beast arrests Belle’s father in the castle.
Belle rescues her father and in return offers herself in her father’s place in the castle.
Belle dislikes the Beast’s arrogant and rude behaviour but enjoys interacting with the talking teapot and cup, wardrobe, feather duster, keyboard, candle tree and mantel clock.
The way Belle gets to understand the kind heart and soul of the true prince that hides inside the Beast forms the remaining part of the lovely story.
The film is a visual delight to the viewers. The musical representation of most twists is captured beautifully. The film is a must watch for its message ‘true beauty is the beauty from within’.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018