Deaf critic movie review of Beauty and the Beast
March 31, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Beauty and the Beast is an American musical romantic fantasy film.
The film is a live-action remake of Disney's 1991 cartoon film of the same name.
The film features Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as The Prince or Beast in important roles.
The film starts at the young Prince's castle when an elderly beggar woman transforms him into a beast and his servants into different household objects.
A young beautiful woman Belle has a keen interest in reading books and is bored of her village life.
In a turn of events, the Beast arrests Belle's father in the castle.
Belle rescues her father and in return offers herself in her father's place in the castle.
Belle dislikes the Beast's arrogant and rude behaviour but enjoys interacting with the talking teapot and cup, wardrobe, feather duster, keyboard, candle tree and mantel clock.
The way Belle gets to understand the kind heart and soul of the true prince that hides inside the Beast forms the remaining part of the lovely story.
The film is a visual delight to the viewers. The musical representation of most twists is captured beautifully. The film is a must watch for its message 'true beauty is the beauty from within'.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News