Deaf critic movie review of Life
A hearing perspective:
American film ‘Life’ is a real combination of science fiction and thriller genre.
The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Dr David Jordan, Rebecca Ferguson as Dr Miranda North and Ryan Reynolds as Roy Adams in important roles.
The film is directed by Daniel Espinosa and written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.
The story revolves around the first evidence of life on Mars.
It is about the new organism ‘Calvin’ which is made from the soil particle found on the Mars planet.
The way the organism evolves and becomes almost impossible to control is really horrifying.
The film is different from other space science-fiction movies I have seen so far.
It engages viewers with an unpredictable villain in the story instead of the beauty of space.
It breaks the myth that other life forms will be friendly in nature.
The film has good direction and visual effects, and a different approach to the story.
The last scene of the film was beyond my imagination. Maybe, a sequel to the film can be expected.
The film is not meant for the weak-hearted but it is a recommended watch to all those who love horror thrillers.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019