Deaf critic movie review of Life
April 4, 2017
A hearing perspective:
American film 'Life' is a real combination of science fiction and thriller genre.
The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Dr David Jordan, Rebecca Ferguson as Dr Miranda North and Ryan Reynolds as Roy Adams in important roles.
The film is directed by Daniel Espinosa and written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.
The story revolves around the first evidence of life on Mars.
It is about the new organism 'Calvin' which is made from the soil particle found on the Mars planet.
The way the organism evolves and becomes almost impossible to control is really horrifying.
The film is different from other space science-fiction movies I have seen so far.
It engages viewers with an unpredictable villain in the story instead of the beauty of space.
It breaks the myth that other life forms will be friendly in nature.
The film has good direction and visual effects, and a different approach to the story.
The last scene of the film was beyond my imagination. Maybe, a sequel to the film can be expected.
The film is not meant for the weak-hearted but it is a recommended watch to all those who love horror thrillers.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News