Deaf critic movie review of Naam Shabana
April 4, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Naam Shabana is a Hindi action and thriller film. It is directed by Shivam Nair and produced by Friday Filmworks.
It traces the origin of Shabana and her journey of how she became a part of the film 'Baby'.
The film stars Taapsee Pannu as Shabana, Manoj Bajpayee as officer Ranvir, Prithviraj Sukumaran as villain Tony in a short role and Akshay Kumar as Ajay in a special role.
The film introduces Shabana as a college student and a Kudo champ living in Mumbai with her widowed mother.
One day, when Shabana and her boyfriend Jai were returning home, a group of four boys end up teasing Shabana.
Shabana gets into a fight with the boys and this results in Jai losing his life.
The way Shabana takes her revenge from the four boys and trains herself to join a secret mission led by Ranvir and Ajay to kill Tony forms the remaining part of the story.
First half of the film is very slow and there are times when one gets bored. The film picks up its real pace only in the second half.
The full movie belongs to Taapsee Pannu who has delivered a great performance.
The film is a one-time watch for Taapsee and 'Baby' movie fans.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News