Deaf critic movie review of Naam Shabana
A hearing perspective:
Naam Shabana is a Hindi action and thriller film. It is directed by Shivam Nair and produced by Friday Filmworks.
It traces the origin of Shabana and her journey of how she became a part of the film ‘Baby’.
The film stars Taapsee Pannu as Shabana, Manoj Bajpayee as officer Ranvir, Prithviraj Sukumaran as villain Tony in a short role and Akshay Kumar as Ajay in a special role.
The film introduces Shabana as a college student and a Kudo champ living in Mumbai with her widowed mother.
One day, when Shabana and her boyfriend Jai were returning home, a group of four boys end up teasing Shabana.
Shabana gets into a fight with the boys and this results in Jai losing his life.
The way Shabana takes her revenge from the four boys and trains herself to join a secret mission led by Ranvir and Ajay to kill Tony forms the remaining part of the story.
First half of the film is very slow and there are times when one gets bored. The film picks up its real pace only in the second half.
The full movie belongs to Taapsee Pannu who has delivered a great performance.
The film is a one-time watch for Taapsee and ‘Baby’ movie fans.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News