Teaching tips to help students with autism
Students with autism spectrum disorders, ASD, find it difficult to focus on their studies. This makes it hard to hold their attention in the classroom.
Teachers can help such students by following a few tips.
Encourage children with ASD to exercise regularly as this helps improve motor and social skills, and helps them do better at studies.
Applying pressure treatment on the body helps keep the mind and body calm and relaxed. Weighted vests or weighted blankets are some products that can provide deep touch pressure therapy.
Toys like stress balls can help students focus by reducing their stress. The toys keep the hands busy and prevent the students from becoming restless.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News