Teaching tips to help students with autism
October 21, 2017
Students with autism spectrum disorders, ASD, find it difficult to focus on their studies. This makes it hard to hold their attention in the classroom.
Teachers can help such students by following a few tips.
Encourage children with ASD to exercise regularly as this helps improve motor and social skills, and helps them do better at studies.
Applying pressure treatment on the body helps keep the mind and body calm and relaxed. Weighted vests or weighted blankets are some products that can provide deep touch pressure therapy.
Toys like stress balls can help students focus by reducing their stress. The toys keep the hands busy and prevent the students from becoming restless.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Employment August 13, 2019 Government move to roll back disability pension tax on retired soldiers welcomed
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News