Echoes, a restaurant in Delhi with a difference
March 16, 2017
'Echoes' is a restaurant in Satya Niketan in New Delhi that provides good food and supports a social cause.
What is interesting about the restaurant is that it is run by six hearing and speech impaired waiters.
The restaurant offers Continental, Italian, Mexican and Chinese food.
To avoid confusion, each food item on the menu has been given a code that the customer can write on the pad at their table.
Also, placards are kept on each table that reads - 'water please', 'bill' and more.
The idea is to get quick service and solve the communication gap between the customers and waiters with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News