Echoes, a restaurant in Delhi with a difference
March 16, 2017
'Echoes' is a restaurant in Satya Niketan in New Delhi that provides good food and supports a social cause.
What is interesting about the restaurant is that it is run by six hearing and speech impaired waiters.
The restaurant offers Continental, Italian, Mexican and Chinese food.
To avoid confusion, each food item on the menu has been given a code that the customer can write on the pad at their table.
Also, placards are kept on each table that reads - 'water please', 'bill' and more.
The idea is to get quick service and solve the communication gap between the customers and waiters with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News