Echoes, a restaurant in Delhi with a difference
‘Echoes’ is a restaurant in Satya Niketan in New Delhi that provides good food and supports a social cause.
What is interesting about the restaurant is that it is run by six hearing and speech impaired waiters.
The restaurant offers Continental, Italian, Mexican and Chinese food.
To avoid confusion, each food item on the menu has been given a code that the customer can write on the pad at their table.
Also, placards are kept on each table that reads – ‘water please’, ‘bill’ and more.
The idea is to get quick service and solve the communication gap between the customers and waiters with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News