Arti Krishnamoorthi, medal winning swimmer with Down syndrome
25-year-old Arti Krishnamoorthy has Down's syndrome but that has not stopped her from becoming a medal-winning swimmer.
Arti is from Chennai and has taken part in the 2013 Special Olympics where she won the silver and bronze medals. She trains with every one else as an equal.
Arti was encouraged to take up swimming by her coach, Veerabhadra at the Down syndrome centre. She used to be scared of water but now swimming is like a therapy for her.
She is getting ready to show her ability at the National Paralympic meet in Jaipur this weekend and the next Special Olympics.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News