Super para-cyclist is crowd-funding his 2016 Paralympic dream
23-year old Jagwinder Singh was born without hands. Today, he is one of India's top para-cyclists. Singh qualified for the 2014 Asian Para Games but could not go because he had no money. He now plans to participate in the 2016 Paralympics through a crowd-funding initiative on DesiredWings.com, an online platform that brings together people who want to make a difference and cause-driven projects.
Jagwinder’s goal is to win the gold medal and make his parents and country proud,' he says. Singh suffered more than 17 fractures to achieve his current skills. He completed a 212-kms cyclothon in Patiala in 9 hours and 15 minutes and won the state gold medal in paracycling organised by the Chandigarh Association in 2014. He also won a bronze medal in the International Cyclothon in Orissa in 2015.
He uses his feet to cook and eat his food, paint and even work on his computer. Singh said that he always watches how other people do their activities and creates his own method for the same thing. His fans adoringly call him Super Singh.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News