Super para-cyclist is crowd-funding his 2016 Paralympic dream
March 26, 2016
23-year old Jagwinder Singh was born without hands. Today, he is one of India's top para-cyclists. Singh qualified for the 2014 Asian Para Games but could not go because he had no money. He now plans to participate in the 2016 Paralympics through a crowd-funding initiative on DesiredWings.com, an online platform that brings together people who want to make a difference and cause-driven projects.
Jagwinder's goal is to win the gold medal and make his parents and country proud,' he says. Singh suffered more than 17 fractures to achieve his current skills. He completed a 212-kms cyclothon in Patiala in 9 hours and 15 minutes and won the state gold medal in paracycling organised by the Chandigarh Association in 2014. He also won a bronze medal in the International Cyclothon in Orissa in 2015.
He uses his feet to cook and eat his food, paint and even work on his computer. Singh said that he always watches how other people do their activities and creates his own method for the same thing. His fans adoringly call him Super Singh.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Events April 24, 2019 5th International Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Conference & WheelChair Games 2019
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News