Mumbai teacher who fights odds to teach the deaf
With no financial support, 23-year-old Shabina in Mumbai has been teaching deaf students, kids and adults, for about four years.
Shabina said she decided to start this initiative as she has four elder brothers, all of whom are deaf.
She has taught over 80 students so far. Shabina did her B.Ed. in teaching the hearing impaired from Pune, and a course in sign language from Mumbai.
She teaches for free as most of the students are poor. Her wish is to see her students get decent jobs and succeed in life. She helps students who left studies midway to do their SSC or HSC. She gets them admissions in private schools or colleges so they can give their exams.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018