Mumbai teacher who fights odds to teach the deaf
With no financial support, 23-year-old Shabina in Mumbai has been teaching deaf students, kids and adults, for about four years.
Shabina said she decided to start this initiative as she has four elder brothers, all of whom are deaf.
She has taught over 80 students so far. Shabina did her B.Ed. in teaching the hearing impaired from Pune, and a course in sign language from Mumbai.
She teaches for free as most of the students are poor. Her wish is to see her students get decent jobs and succeed in life. She helps students who left studies midway to do their SSC or HSC. She gets them admissions in private schools or colleges so they can give their exams.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
October 24, 2018
- Some tips to help boost self-esteem of a child with autism
October 24, 2018
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Parasports October 23, 2018 India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Education October 24, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability- Dyscalculia
- Headlines October 24, 2018 Supreme Court allows green firecrackers between 8 pm to 10 pm
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 24, 2018
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News