NGO helps para-athelete Manoj Kumar get top-level wheelchair
Manoj Kumar, who is a para-athlete, has won many medals in district and state level sports events like 100 and 200 metres running and power lifting. He has also won a gold medal at the state-level para-athletic championship.
Now his dream of playing in his first national level tournament at Jaipur on 31 March will be realized soon.
Thanks to the efforts of the NGO Soulfree, he has got a special wheelchair that will help him participate in both national and international level events.
The wheelchair costs Rs four lakh and has been imported. This is called the Ferrari of wheelchairs and is light, strong and extremely fast.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News