NGO helps para-athelete Manoj Kumar get top-level wheelchair
March 29, 2017
Manoj Kumar, who is a para-athlete, has won many medals in district and state level sports events like 100 and 200 metres running and power lifting. He has also won a gold medal at the state-level para-athletic championship.
Now his dream of playing in his first national level tournament at Jaipur on 31 March will be realized soon.
Thanks to the efforts of the NGO Soulfree, he has got a special wheelchair that will help him participate in both national and international level events.
The wheelchair costs Rs four lakh and has been imported. This is called the Ferrari of wheelchairs and is light, strong and extremely fast.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News