NGO helps para-athelete Manoj Kumar get top-level wheelchair
March 29, 2017
Manoj Kumar, who is a para-athlete, has won many medals in district and state level sports events like 100 and 200 metres running and power lifting. He has also won a gold medal at the state-level para-athletic championship.
Now his dream of playing in his first national level tournament at Jaipur on 31 March will be realized soon.
Thanks to the efforts of the NGO Soulfree, he has got a special wheelchair that will help him participate in both national and international level events.
The wheelchair costs Rs four lakh and has been imported. This is called the Ferrari of wheelchairs and is light, strong and extremely fast.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News