Church in Kolkata holds heritage walk for the deaf
March 29, 2017
The St. John's Church in Kolkata held a heritage walk in sign language to explain the history of the church.
Students of the Ideal School For the Deaf looked at their teachers as they explained the church's 230-year-old history through sign language.
The idea was to present the inclusivity of heritage structures. The teachers said that disabilities should not be a barrier to access and experience heritage.
The students were given special kits and visual aids and were taken around the church grounds. They will be asked to interpret the church in their own way through paintings.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News