Church in Kolkata holds heritage walk for the deaf
The St. John’s Church in Kolkata held a heritage walk in sign language to explain the history of the church.
Students of the Ideal School For the Deaf looked at their teachers as they explained the church's 230-year-old history through sign language.
The idea was to present the inclusivity of heritage structures. The teachers said that disabilities should not be a barrier to access and experience heritage.
The students were given special kits and visual aids and were taken around the church grounds. They will be asked to interpret the church in their own way through paintings.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News