Kerala government to provide more facilities for deaf schools
The government of Kerala plans to provide special facilities to help in setting up schools for the hearing impaired in the state.
Nearly 4,000 children study in deaf schools in the state. The government plans to develop communication technology so as to benefit people with disabilities.
It also plans to provide special training and guidance to students, their parents and teachers to support the hidden abilities of deaf children.
The idea is to increase the knowledge and language skills of deaf kids to help them interact and integrate in society.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients India-wide
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp sets limit on forwarding messages to stop spread of rumors
- Headlines January 15, 2019 PM Modi tells public to rate government
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News