Kerala government to provide more facilities for deaf schools
April 1, 2017
The government of Kerala plans to provide special facilities to help in setting up schools for the hearing impaired in the state.
Nearly 4,000 children study in deaf schools in the state. The government plans to develop communication technology so as to benefit people with disabilities.
It also plans to provide special training and guidance to students, their parents and teachers to support the hidden abilities of deaf children.
The idea is to increase the knowledge and language skills of deaf kids to help them interact and integrate in society.
Watch in Sign Language
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
- CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
August 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Ex Minister Arun Jaitley is no more
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 24, 2019 No more peace talks with India, says Imran Khan
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News