Stylist in the US will give haircuts to kids with autism
April 2, 2017
Wendy Williams, a hair stylist in Michigan, United States, has started an initiative for kids with autism. She will give haircuts every Sunday to those on the autism spectrum.
She has arranged for her salon to be made sensory-friendly on Sundays. This means no loud noises, dim lights and keeping a calm atmosphere.
This is because loud noises and bright lights are known to make children with autism feel nervous and stressed out.
To make the sessions more enjoyable, she also plans to hold storytelling sessions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News