Stylist in the US will give haircuts to kids with autism
April 2, 2017
Wendy Williams, a hair stylist in Michigan, United States, has started an initiative for kids with autism. She will give haircuts every Sunday to those on the autism spectrum.
She has arranged for her salon to be made sensory-friendly on Sundays. This means no loud noises, dim lights and keeping a calm atmosphere.
This is because loud noises and bright lights are known to make children with autism feel nervous and stressed out.
To make the sessions more enjoyable, she also plans to hold storytelling sessions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News