Give women, people with disabilities equal opportunities, says Deepa Malik
Women and people with disabilities in India must be given equal opportunities if India wants to become accessible and inclusive, says paralympian Deepa Malik.
Malik, who is the first Indian woman to win a medal at the paralympics, said that they should be provided with opportunities and the freedom to chase their dreams.
She said that instead of limiting them to the four walls of their homes, there should be an attempt to create a safer and more respectful environment for women and PwD.
Malik won a silver medal at the 2016 Summer Paralympics for shot put and is the oldest paralympian at 46. She was diagnosed with a cyst in her spinal cord, and was left paralyzed below chest.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019