This band of special needs musicians are a hit!
The FREE Players Drum Corps, is a band of 65 musicians all of whom are adults with various kinds of disabilities.
They have performed at the Disney World in Florida, US, and marched in New York City’s Columbus Day Parade.
Now the band has set its sight on the 2018 world championships in Indianapolis.
The band was founded in 2010 by a New York organization that serves 4,000 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illnesses or traumatic brain injuries.
Band members have mild to moderate disabilities, including some on the autism spectrum. Some are vision-impaired. Others perform in wheelchairs.
They say they have received a great response by the audience.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Paytm modifies app to make it accessible for blind, low vision users
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Technology January 23, 2019 Inspiration is just a phone call away thanks to EnAble Vaani
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News