This band of special needs musicians are a hit!
April 5, 2017
The FREE Players Drum Corps, is a band of 65 musicians all of whom are adults with various kinds of disabilities.
They have performed at the Disney World in Florida, US, and marched in New York City's Columbus Day Parade.
Now the band has set its sight on the 2018 world championships in Indianapolis.
The band was founded in 2010 by a New York organization that serves 4,000 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illnesses or traumatic brain injuries.
Band members have mild to moderate disabilities, including some on the autism spectrum. Some are vision-impaired. Others perform in wheelchairs.
They say they have received a great response by the audience.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News