This band of special needs musicians are a hit!
April 5, 2017
The FREE Players Drum Corps, is a band of 65 musicians all of whom are adults with various kinds of disabilities.
They have performed at the Disney World in Florida, US, and marched in New York City's Columbus Day Parade.
Now the band has set its sight on the 2018 world championships in Indianapolis.
The band was founded in 2010 by a New York organization that serves 4,000 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illnesses or traumatic brain injuries.
Band members have mild to moderate disabilities, including some on the autism spectrum. Some are vision-impaired. Others perform in wheelchairs.
They say they have received a great response by the audience.
Watch in Sign Language
- Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Headlines August 26, 2019 High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 26, 2019 PV Sindhu becomes World Champion
- Headlines August 26, 2019 Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 17 – Aug 23
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Accessibility August 26, 2019 Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News