Say, What? - Story of a world without language - A Review
April 7, 2017
Say, What? a production by choreographer Avantika Bahl was staged in Mumbai recently. Around 60 people, both Deaf and Hearing, attended the show.
The show was 55 minutes long and was very impressive. The two artistes were Vishal Sarvaiya, who is hearing impaired, and Avantika Bahl used their body language and communication in a unique dance and sign language concept.
Hearing members in the audience said that they got goose bumps during the show.
The concept of the dance is very different. Deaf and hearing people present in the event had different views about the dance performance.
The story conveyed through the dance performance was very good.
About the Writer
The review has been written by Arti Umrotkar who is a member of the Sign Language team at Newz Hook.
About the event:
The event was a new concept of dance by Avantika Bahl and Vishal Sarvaiya, who is a part of the Shiamak Davar dance company.
The dance included sign language merged with bodily movements. The aim of the dance sequence was to show how deaf people feel.
The dance was performed in silence as a tribute to life of people with hearing impairments.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News