Say, What? - Story of a world without language - A Review
April 7, 2017
Say, What? a production by choreographer Avantika Bahl was staged in Mumbai recently. Around 60 people, both Deaf and Hearing, attended the show.
The show was 55 minutes long and was very impressive. The two artistes were Vishal Sarvaiya, who is hearing impaired, and Avantika Bahl used their body language and communication in a unique dance and sign language concept.
Hearing members in the audience said that they got goose bumps during the show.
The concept of the dance is very different. Deaf and hearing people present in the event had different views about the dance performance.
The story conveyed through the dance performance was very good.
About the Writer
The review has been written by Arti Umrotkar who is a member of the Sign Language team at Newz Hook.
About the event:
The event was a new concept of dance by Avantika Bahl and Vishal Sarvaiya, who is a part of the Shiamak Davar dance company.
The dance included sign language merged with bodily movements. The aim of the dance sequence was to show how deaf people feel.
The dance was performed in silence as a tribute to life of people with hearing impairments.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News