Special needs teacher helps people with disabilities give court statements
April 8, 2017
Mehtab Zia Shaikh, a teacher with more than 30 years of experience at the Bombay Institution for Deaf and Mutes, is using her skills in sign langauge to help in court.
Shaikh recently helped a deaf woman who was raped, give her statement in court. The rape survivor did not speak Indian Sign Language, and could neither read or write. Shaikh, who can communicate in informal and formal sign languages, helped the court understand her testimony.
Shaikh says she is glad and proud that god has made her capable of doing this work.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News