Online petition to make Goa beach wheelchair-accessible
An online campaign has been started, demanding that beaches in Goa be made wheelchair-accessible. So far, the petition has been signed by around 2,000 people.
The campaign was started in Goa after a similar petition in Australia received thousands of signatures and the local authorities were convinced to make beaches accessible.
The beaches in India can be made wheelchair-accessible in a simple and cost-effective method by using accessible beach mats.
The online petition is on avaaz.org and was started by an online portal for people with disabilities, Umoja.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News