Online petition to make Goa beach wheelchair-accessible
April 10, 2017
An online campaign has been started, demanding that beaches in Goa be made wheelchair-accessible. So far, the petition has been signed by around 2,000 people.
The campaign was started in Goa after a similar petition in Australia received thousands of signatures and the local authorities were convinced to make beaches accessible.
The beaches in India can be made wheelchair-accessible in a simple and cost-effective method by using accessible beach mats.
The online petition is on avaaz.org and was started by an online portal for people with disabilities, Umoja.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News