Maharashtra to start high schools and colleges for deaf students
The government of Maharashtra has decided to set up high schools and colleges for the hearing impaired students in the state.
The decision was taken by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in a meeting with the representatives of the State Level Association of the Deaf (SLAD) held at the Mantralaya.
Fadnavis has asked the officials to create an inclusive education plan in one month.
The government plans to setup learning centres to teach Indian sign language in schools.
Industrial training courses with interpreter facility will also be considered to improve the technical knowledge of the hearing impaired students.
Fadnavis has also agreed for a Brain Stem Evoked Response Audiometry Test to find out genuine beneficiaries so that the actual needy should only get the benefits.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding the Learning Disability- Dyscalculia
October 24, 2018
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 23, 2018 India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Events October 17, 2018 NAB Presents Interactive Meeting with a Global Leader in Accessibility
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Kerala nun rape case - Key witness found dead, foul play alleged
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 24, 2018
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News