Maharashtra to start high schools and colleges for deaf students
April 14, 2017
The government of Maharashtra has decided to set up high schools and colleges for the hearing impaired students in the state.
The decision was taken by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in a meeting with the representatives of the State Level Association of the Deaf (SLAD) held at the Mantralaya.
Fadnavis has asked the officials to create an inclusive education plan in one month.
The government plans to setup learning centres to teach Indian sign language in schools.
Industrial training courses with interpreter facility will also be considered to improve the technical knowledge of the hearing impaired students.
Fadnavis has also agreed for a Brain Stem Evoked Response Audiometry Test to find out genuine beneficiaries so that the actual needy should only get the benefits.
Watch in Sign Language
- #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
June 20, 2019
- Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
June 19, 2019
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News