Maharashtra to start high schools and colleges for deaf students
The government of Maharashtra has decided to set up high schools and colleges for the hearing impaired students in the state.
The decision was taken by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in a meeting with the representatives of the State Level Association of the Deaf (SLAD) held at the Mantralaya.
Fadnavis has asked the officials to create an inclusive education plan in one month.
The government plans to setup learning centres to teach Indian sign language in schools.
Industrial training courses with interpreter facility will also be considered to improve the technical knowledge of the hearing impaired students.
Fadnavis has also agreed for a Brain Stem Evoked Response Audiometry Test to find out genuine beneficiaries so that the actual needy should only get the benefits.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News