Maharashtra to start high schools and colleges for deaf students
The government of Maharashtra has decided to set up high schools and colleges for the hearing impaired students in the state.
The decision was taken by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in a meeting with the representatives of the State Level Association of the Deaf (SLAD) held at the Mantralaya.
Fadnavis has asked the officials to create an inclusive education plan in one month.
The government plans to setup learning centres to teach Indian sign language in schools.
Industrial training courses with interpreter facility will also be considered to improve the technical knowledge of the hearing impaired students.
Fadnavis has also agreed for a Brain Stem Evoked Response Audiometry Test to find out genuine beneficiaries so that the actual needy should only get the benefits.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018