Blind & Deaf movie review of Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
A blind perspective:
With Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, director S. S. Rajamouli not only lives up to the high expectations of the fans, but also raises the bar of Indian cinematography.
The connect of the story is such that you feel that you are living in the era of the Mahishmati Kingdom.
Prabhas as Bahubali and Anushka as Devasena are simply superb. Rana as Bhallala Deva redefines the term ‘villain’ whereas Ramya as Sivagami and Sathyaraj as Katappa are truly brilliant.
The story is simple and somewhat predictive, but the detailing and execution is such that you will thoroughly enjoy every moment of it. Of course! You do get the justification to the million-dollar question that why did Katappa kill Bahubali, but we believe that there is lot more to enjoy in the movie.
Although the visual effects are much refined, yet lot many scenes remain inaccessible for the Visually Impaired.
With no audio description, such sequences fail to connect to and rather prove confusing to the visually impaired audience. However, the music is good and the background score is a bit descriptive this time.
When compared to its prequel, Baahubali 2 proves out superior and perfectly complements the storyline.
Comedy and action, romance and emotion, this movie packs in all the ingredients needed to be a ‘blockbuster’.
No doubt, Baahubali 2 is strongly recommended but sighted assistance is a must!
A sighted perspective:
Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is an Indian drama, action, historical fiction film. Baahubali means the one with strong arms.
The film is directed by S S Rajamouli and is the continuation of Baahubali: The Beginning.
The film features Prabhas as Shiva and Amarendra Baahubali, Rana Daggubati as Bhallala Deva, Anushka Shetty as Maharani Devasena, Tamannaah as Avanthika, Ramya Krishnan as Sivagami, Sathyaraj as Kattappa, Nassar as Bijjaladeva and Subbaraju as Kumar Varma.
The film starts with Kattappa’s voiceover describing the story of how he killed Shiva’s father Amarendra Baahubali.
After destroying the Kalkeyas, queen mother Sivagami announces Amarendra Bahubali as the future king for his balanced approach of winning the war and Bhallala Deva is declared as the Commander-in-Chief.
Before the formal function, Sivagami directs Amarendra and Kattappa to tour the Mahishmati Kingdom to understand the current situation of its people.
During the tour, Amarendra falls in love with Devasena, the princess of the Kuntala Kingdom.
The film becomes quite entertaining at this point when Amarendra doesn’t reveal his true identity and acts as a simple villager to impress Devasena.
Devasena’s relative Kumar Varma and Kattappa’s funny dialogues provide the audience a little comic relief in the serious drama.
But soon Bhallala Deva and Bijjaladeva learn about Amarendra and Devasena’s love story and prepare a plot to create a huge misunderstanding between Sivagami and her favorite son Amarendra.
They succeed in making Sivagami believe that Amarendra is trying to kill Bhallala Deva.
The most shocking part of the story is when Sivagami orders Kattappa to kill Amarendra to prevent war within the kingdom and save her own son Bhallala Deva.
The way Kattappa makes Sivagami realize her mistake and helps Shiva (Mahendra Bahubali) to defeat Bhallala Deva forms the remaining part of the interesting story.
Prabhas and Rana have done a fantastic job and also other characters have played their parts very well.
Verdict: The film is a must watch for its perfect picturisation, brilliant script, powerful dialogues and excellent direction.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018