Blind & Deaf movie review of Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
A blind perspective:
With Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, director S. S. Rajamouli not only lives up to the high expectations of the fans, but also raises the bar of Indian cinematography.
The connect of the story is such that you feel that you are living in the era of the Mahishmati Kingdom.
Prabhas as Bahubali and Anushka as Devasena are simply superb. Rana as Bhallala Deva redefines the term ‘villain’ whereas Ramya as Sivagami and Sathyaraj as Katappa are truly brilliant.
The story is simple and somewhat predictive, but the detailing and execution is such that you will thoroughly enjoy every moment of it. Of course! You do get the justification to the million-dollar question that why did Katappa kill Bahubali, but we believe that there is lot more to enjoy in the movie.
Although the visual effects are much refined, yet lot many scenes remain inaccessible for the Visually Impaired.
With no audio description, such sequences fail to connect to and rather prove confusing to the visually impaired audience. However, the music is good and the background score is a bit descriptive this time.
When compared to its prequel, Baahubali 2 proves out superior and perfectly complements the storyline.
Comedy and action, romance and emotion, this movie packs in all the ingredients needed to be a ‘blockbuster’.
No doubt, Baahubali 2 is strongly recommended but sighted assistance is a must!
A sighted perspective:
Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is an Indian drama, action, historical fiction film. Baahubali means the one with strong arms.
The film is directed by S S Rajamouli and is the continuation of Baahubali: The Beginning.
The film features Prabhas as Shiva and Amarendra Baahubali, Rana Daggubati as Bhallala Deva, Anushka Shetty as Maharani Devasena, Tamannaah as Avanthika, Ramya Krishnan as Sivagami, Sathyaraj as Kattappa, Nassar as Bijjaladeva and Subbaraju as Kumar Varma.
The film starts with Kattappa’s voiceover describing the story of how he killed Shiva’s father Amarendra Baahubali.
After destroying the Kalkeyas, queen mother Sivagami announces Amarendra Bahubali as the future king for his balanced approach of winning the war and Bhallala Deva is declared as the Commander-in-Chief.
Before the formal function, Sivagami directs Amarendra and Kattappa to tour the Mahishmati Kingdom to understand the current situation of its people.
During the tour, Amarendra falls in love with Devasena, the princess of the Kuntala Kingdom.
The film becomes quite entertaining at this point when Amarendra doesn’t reveal his true identity and acts as a simple villager to impress Devasena.
Devasena’s relative Kumar Varma and Kattappa’s funny dialogues provide the audience a little comic relief in the serious drama.
But soon Bhallala Deva and Bijjaladeva learn about Amarendra and Devasena’s love story and prepare a plot to create a huge misunderstanding between Sivagami and her favorite son Amarendra.
They succeed in making Sivagami believe that Amarendra is trying to kill Bhallala Deva.
The most shocking part of the story is when Sivagami orders Kattappa to kill Amarendra to prevent war within the kingdom and save her own son Bhallala Deva.
The way Kattappa makes Sivagami realize her mistake and helps Shiva (Mahendra Bahubali) to defeat Bhallala Deva forms the remaining part of the interesting story.
Prabhas and Rana have done a fantastic job and also other characters have played their parts very well.
Verdict: The film is a must watch for its perfect picturisation, brilliant script, powerful dialogues and excellent direction.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
October 24, 2018
- Some tips to help boost self-esteem of a child with autism
October 24, 2018
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News