Deaf critic movie review of A Dog's Purpose
May 2, 2017
Director - Lasse Hallström
Cast - Britt Robertson, KJ Apa, Juliet Rylance, John Ortiz, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Peggy Lipton, Dennis Quaid and Josh Gad.
A hearing perspective:
American film 'A Dog's Purpose' is a movie from a dog's perspective. It has comedy, drama and adventure.
The film starts with a young boy Ethan who saves a dog and names him Bailey.
Ethan and Bailey enjoy being together and form a strong bond of love and care for each other.
As years pass, Ethan grows into a big and strong high school football player who falls in love with his classmate Hannah.
Due to a sudden turn of events, Ethan badly fractures his leg which makes him feel low and he breaks off his relationship with Hannah.
After sometime, an aged Bailey slowly dies at the hospital after a teary goodbye with Ethan.
The film surprises the audience when Bailey takes a new birth not once, but thrice, as Ellie, Tino and Buddy.
Each time, he is born again, the film shows his story from life to death, except in the life as Buddy, where he meets his original owner Ethan again.
The film shows how dogs teach humans to laugh, love and live.
There were lots of cuteness and emotional moments in this film.
I simply forgot myself and got immersed in the film for one and half hour.
The film deserves all the appreciation and support for its beautiful direction, awesome storyline and lovely dogs.
The film is an amazing experience to see life differently. Go for this and you won't regret. :)
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News