Deaf critic movie review of A Dog's Purpose
May 2, 2017
Director - Lasse Hallström
Cast - Britt Robertson, KJ Apa, Juliet Rylance, John Ortiz, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Peggy Lipton, Dennis Quaid and Josh Gad.
A hearing perspective:
American film 'A Dog's Purpose' is a movie from a dog's perspective. It has comedy, drama and adventure.
The film starts with a young boy Ethan who saves a dog and names him Bailey.
Ethan and Bailey enjoy being together and form a strong bond of love and care for each other.
As years pass, Ethan grows into a big and strong high school football player who falls in love with his classmate Hannah.
Due to a sudden turn of events, Ethan badly fractures his leg which makes him feel low and he breaks off his relationship with Hannah.
After sometime, an aged Bailey slowly dies at the hospital after a teary goodbye with Ethan.
The film surprises the audience when Bailey takes a new birth not once, but thrice, as Ellie, Tino and Buddy.
Each time, he is born again, the film shows his story from life to death, except in the life as Buddy, where he meets his original owner Ethan again.
The film shows how dogs teach humans to laugh, love and live.
There were lots of cuteness and emotional moments in this film.
I simply forgot myself and got immersed in the film for one and half hour.
The film deserves all the appreciation and support for its beautiful direction, awesome storyline and lovely dogs.
The film is an amazing experience to see life differently. Go for this and you won't regret. :)
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News