VisionX, personal assistant to the blind, set for launch
A model of Drishya, a personal assistant for the visually impaired developed by students of Manipal Institute of Technology is set to be launched next year.
Drishya was developed by a group of four students who call themselves Team VisionX. VisionX aims to make the lives of the visually impaired easier. It is a headgear that claims to help them recognize objects nearby and move through the surroundings.
The model has features like object recognition and face detection, and is mounted on a helmet.
There is also a sensor to judge the distance, and a camera to capture the image.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019