VisionX, personal assistant to the blind, set for launch
April 25, 2017
A model of Drishya, a personal assistant for the visually impaired developed by students of Manipal Institute of Technology is set to be launched next year.
Drishya was developed by a group of four students who call themselves Team VisionX. VisionX aims to make the lives of the visually impaired easier. It is a headgear that claims to help them recognize objects nearby and move through the surroundings.
The model has features like object recognition and face detection, and is mounted on a helmet.
There is also a sensor to judge the distance, and a camera to capture the image.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News