VisionX, personal assistant to the blind, set for launch
April 25, 2017
A model of Drishya, a personal assistant for the visually impaired developed by students of Manipal Institute of Technology is set to be launched next year.
Drishya was developed by a group of four students who call themselves Team VisionX. VisionX aims to make the lives of the visually impaired easier. It is a headgear that claims to help them recognize objects nearby and move through the surroundings.
The model has features like object recognition and face detection, and is mounted on a helmet.
There is also a sensor to judge the distance, and a camera to capture the image.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News