Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
July 12, 2019
Ayman al-Zawahiri, the chief of terror group Al-Qaeda has released a video in which he can be seen speaking against India and inciting terrorists to target Jammu and Kashmir.
In his video message Zawahiri says, “Don’t Forget Kashmir”. He also told the 'Mujahideen in Kashmir' to inflict "unrelenting blows" on Indian Army and the government in Jammu and Kashmir.
For a brief moment the video also flashes the image of terrorist Zakir Musa, who was killed by the security forces in Kashmir in May this year.
He said,"(I am) of the view that the Mujahideen in Kashmir - at this stage at least- should single-mindedly focus on inflicting unrelenting blows on the Indian Army and government, so as to bleed the Indian economy and make India suffer sustained losses in manpower and equipment."
Zawahiri is currently in hiding and the USA has offered a US$25 million reward for information or intelligence that could lead to his capture.
In the video message that is broadcast through As Sahab, the media arm of the terror group, Zawahiri said that "Pakistanis are not trustworthy”, and they are using the mujahideen groups for political objectives.
He went on to say that Pakistanis are, "toadies of America" and terrorists should avoid falling in Pakistan's trap.
There are speculations that Zawahiri is hiding in Pakistan and the message is a ruse.
Retired U.S. Army colonel Lawrence Sellin tweeted, “Al-Qaeda chief Zawahiri is in Pakistan. The video is part misdirection & in part a signal. Criticism of the Pakistani Army is meant to create a degree of separation for media consumption. The signal is that Kashmir will be the next target after Afghanistan.”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News