Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
August 13, 2019
A performance by famous singer Mika Singh and his troupe at the home of a Pakistani billionaire's daughter's wedding in Karachi has evoked angry reactions in Pakistan. The billionaire is apparently close to former Pakistan president General Pervez Musharaff.
After the government of India's move to scrap Article 370 of the Constitution and bifurcate Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories, relations between India and Pakistan have never been worse. Pakistan has downgraded its diplomatic ties and severed trade ties with India. It has also suspended the Samjhauta Express services between the two countries.
Mika Singh apparently performed on 8 August at the ceremony and his presence in Karachi became known when some guests there uploaded videos of his performance on social media.
Leader of the opposition Pakistan Peoples Party Syed Khursheed Shah has asked the Pakistan government to find out who gave the security clearance and visas to Mika Singh and his 14-member troupe to visit Pakistan at a time when the country has suspended diplomatic and trade relations with India.
This is a time when there is a ban on Indian films, dramas, shows, and Pakistan has made its views clear to the Indian government. Even if visas were issued early on they should have been cancelled. - Syed Khursheed Shah, Pakistan Peoples Party
Reports are that the bridegroom was a big fan of Mika Singh and wanted to see him perform live, a wish that his in-laws fulfilled by using their connections to secure high-level security clearance and visas for the Indian band.
Indian fans of Mika Singh are also upset with him. One Twitter user said, "Mika Singh Paaji, we Indians gave you so much love... And in a situation like that when Pak banned all trade ties with us, sending terrorists across the border, our tensions are very high right now. Why did you go to Pakistan for a show? Few bucks are bigger than India?".
Mika Singh has not responded so far.
Watch in Sign Language
- No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
August 17, 2019
- UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
August 17, 2019
- Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
August 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 A personal struggle inspired this elderly couple to start Balajothi Centre to empower disabled children
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Kerala man Noushad wins hearts in flood-hit Kerala
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Get-Hooked August 11, 2019 Understanding High-functioning autism
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 11, 2019 Congress chooses Sonia Gandhi as new President
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News