Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
August 13, 2019
Even though the situation in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) is said to be peaceful after scrapping of Article 370, restrictions were imposed back in the valley. This did affect Eid-Al-Adha celebrations as most people were unable to attend prayers or even go outside their homes. But there was no incidents of violence reported from anywhere across J&K. Most of the prayers were held inside houses at neighbourhoods as people were denied permission to attend mosques in fear of violence. Streets were seen deserted as well.
In spite of all the fake videos @BBC releases, truth is that Kashmir is peaceful. Vested interests want violence in Kashmir & lack of it is troubling them. This is Srinagar celebrating Eid. Listen to sound of prayers from Shankaracharya Hilltop. Eid Mubarak, India. The Jammu and Kashmir police along with army had clearly stated that no big gatherings will be allowed anywhere. Politicians like Mehbooba Mufti and Omar Abdullah, who were detained, were given permission to pray at nearby mosques-Retd Major Gaurav Arya, Indian army veteran/speaker.
Thousands of military troops have been deployed across J&K by central government in order to ensure peace. According to reports, Indian army offered Pakistan officials sweets as part of Eid-Al-Adha which was refused by them.
Many videos surfaced online where peaceful Eid celebrations were seen being carried out across J&K, and all of them were peaceful.
"Tens of thousands of people offered Eid prayers in #Kashmir with utmost veneration and peace. Eid Mubark. Large number of people congregated for Eid-ul-Adha prayers in thousands of mosques all across Kashmir valley. Peaceful all around", tweeted J&K police officer Imtiyaz Hussain.
"Eid being celebrated across Kashmir valley peacefully without any protest or violence. If someone tells you, police or state did not allow prayers, show them this video showing top vantage shot of entire Srinagar city. Loudspeakers audible with prayers. Prayers for peace!", tweeted Journalist Aditya Raj Kaul.
Watch in Sign Language
- No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
August 17, 2019
- UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
August 17, 2019
- Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
August 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Get-Hooked August 11, 2019 Understanding High-functioning autism
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Education August 12, 2019 Special Educators Forum-India demands separate national education policy for children with disabilities
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 Challenge your disability to challenge people who think you can't make it in life - By Ephraim Ddiba
- Headlines August 11, 2019 Congress chooses Sonia Gandhi as new President
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News