Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
The Department of English and Modern European Languages, University of Lucknow and the Indian Disability Studies Collective (IDSC) in collaboration with PYSSUM present the inaugural IDSC Annual International Conference.
The proposed conference invites scholars with different disciplinary and methodological interests to investigate �disability� or corporeal and cognitive differences in the Indian contexts by considering the following questions and themes:
Materially embodied experience of disablement and its literary and cultural representation Local ways of knowing and talking about bodies/minds/body-minds Institutions and disabled individuals Religion, society and disability Disability�s intersections with other categories of marginality/ minority Narratives of bodily and cognitive difference Disability hierarchy (social stratification of different impairment groups) Political contours of disability Notions of normalcy (are notions of normalcy culturally distinct?) Language and rhetoric of disability-related terminology Abstracts of about 500 words on the above and related topics are invited. Abstracts must be mailed to the conference email id: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 5th August 2019. Intimation of the acceptance will be communicated by 20th August 2019. The selected participants are expected to submit their complete papers latest by 20th September 2019. The registration fee for the conference is Rs 2000/-.
- Starts on: Monday, 21 Oct 2019 at 12:00 AM
- Ends on: Wednesday, 23 Oct 2019 at 12:00 AM
- City: Lucknow
- Location: University of Lucknow, Lucknow University Main Building, University Rd, Babuganj, Hasanganj
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: University of Lucknow, Indian Disability Studies Collective (IDSC)
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.lkouniv.ac.in/