Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, one of cricket's biggest icons, has been criticised a lot for his low scoring rate and slow knocks. Latest reports are that Dhoni, who was expected to retire after India's exit from World Cup 2019, has made himself unavailable for full tour of the West Indies.
Speaking to the Times Of India., a cricket official said,
MS will not go to the West Indies. Going forward, he will not travel with the team within India or overseas as the first-choice wicketkeeper. Rishabh Pant will take over and there will be a grooming window for him until he settles down. During this time, MS will help in the transition. For all you know, he could be part of the 15 but not part of the 11. This team needs a guiding hand on multiple fronts and wishing MS away is clearly unhealthy. - BCCI official
Dhoni will participate in a "transitioning phase" of Indian cricket, according to the news report. During the World Cup, India won seven of the eight games with the one against New Zealand getting called off due to rain. They lost to England, but still managed to top the table with 15 points from nine matches.
During the tournament, Dhoni scored 273 runs in eight innings. But his 50-run knock in the semi-final against New Zealand could not help India win. The Indian team for next month's tour of the West Indies will be announced on 19 July.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News