Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
July 15, 2019
Ooruni Foundation is organising an event to celebrate inclusion on 15 August. This year will be the third edition of the festivity The Freedom Carnival 2019, that offers children with disabilities a platform to have a blast.
Ooruni Foundation, an NGO that is working to create a barrier-free and inclusive world through various initiatives, is preparing for Give Their World, that attempts to create awareness about the challenges faced by children with disabilities.
Every year this Chennai-based NGO organises celebrations for children with learning disorders and development disabilities. Called Freedom Carnival, the festival encourages children to showcase their talents and potential. Such celebrations and events open up a new world to them and give parents a chance to meet others.
The festival is designed to provide a fun and free environment to children where they can be themselves without any hindrances, an approach that Chennai-based parent Archana Devi associated with Ooruni, strongly believes in.
"Don't expect any fixed timing to reach any goal for your child. Give them space to explore what they want and what makes them happy", says Archana. "Go on the journey with them enabling them not making them feel the pressure at any stage. We need to be there for them unconditionally and strive to make them happy and independent".
At the event, children will get a chance to play indoor and outdoor games, participate in various fun activities and be creative with music, dance, art and crafts. Experts from various fields will be present as well to share their insights.
Freedom Carnival is really a great event for the special children. Giving their world the world they deserve ! I am very proud to be part of it. Jency Selvam, Volunteer, Ooruni Foundation
Children from more than 500 special schools from in and around Chennai are invited to the festival. They will be provided the opportunities to learn new things, make new friends and just be happy in their own space.
The carnival will be held at the MNM Jain Engineering College in Chennai on 15 August from 9 AM to 4 PM. Organisers are making sure that the venue offers complete accessibility and convenience to the special guests and their families.
Watch in Sign Language
- Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
August 24, 2019
- Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 17 – Aug 23
August 24, 2019
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 17 – Aug 23
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Singer Mika apologizes to nation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News