#JobsForDisabled – High pressure situations bring out the best in Yogitha S, service delivery engineer at Dell EMC
In our series #JobsForDisabled, today we feature Yogitha S, who works with American MNC Dell EMC. Yogitha has two key qualities that companies look for in employees – ability to handle pressure and commitment to deadlines.
A Service Delivery Engineer with top American multinational Dell EMC, Yogitha S works in the field of storage areas network. In simple terms, the work involves highly specialised high-speed networks and requires knowledge of many technologies and protocols.
Yogitha, who has low vision, joined Dell EMC about four years ago after she underwent training at the EnAble India centre in Bengaluru.
This is my first job and my work involves implementing storage in the customer environment. I mainly work on projects in the America region from remote. I feel very happy when I implement solutions as a project in the customer’s environment after understanding their requirements. – Yogitha S, Service Delivery Engineer, Dell EMC
Yogitha is always looking to learn more and upgrade her skills so she can deliver her work goals better. “Gaining more knowledge for the smooth and the successful delivery of project makes me feel happy many a times”, says this 27-year-old who is based in Bengaluru. “Customer satisfaction is the key of my happiness at my work”.
Yogitha’s team leader Supratim Bhattacharya, Manager Service Delivery-Global Deployment Services says Yogitha sets high benchmarks at the workplace.
“Yogitha has to actively deal with the customer environment. I have been working with her for a year now and she handles pressure extremely well”. This is not easy given the kind of data she handles, he points out. “Yogitha handles the team’s banking client and the data involved is very sensitive. She has to handle this day in and day out and often on weekends. She never misses deadlines and has never got into a technical escalation, which can happen”.
No wonder Yogitha is regarded as such an asset. She was recently given an award by her organisation for maintaining consistently excellent standards at work.
- High pressure situations bring out the best in Yogitha S, service delivery engineer at Dell EMC
- Star Bazaar deaf employees Mukta, Adil & Murugesh get a chance to shine in different roles
- As process advisor at Barclays, Shagun Pathak works actively to promote a culture of inclusion
- Haresh Kumar Punamiya, team leader at Barrier Break, loves his role as mentor
- Nikhil Rai Sahore, technical recruiter with Allegis Group, is fired up about learning new technologies
- Visual impairment does not come in the way of Cisco-India IT engineer Karthik K doing his best
- Pradeep More, Sales Head, Cart With Heart, proves being deaf is no barrier to excellence at work