#JobsForDisabled – Shiv Kumar, systems analyst at ANZ, loves resolving customer problems
NewzHook series #JobsForDisabled brings you the story of Shiv Kumar. Shiv is based in Bengaluru where he works with ANZ, a multinational banking and financial services company.
What does Shiv Kumar enjoy most about his job? “I love it when people call me with their issues. I enjoy finding ways to resolve them”, says the systems analyst with ANZ.
29-year-old Shiv works with ANZ, the Australian multinational banking and financial services company. He was disabled in an accident at the age of 15 and lost three fingers each in both hands.
This is Shiv’s first job. He joined ANZ nearly two and a half years ago after undergoing training at EnAble India.
At ANZ, we have 17 applications that we support. If a user faces any issues using these applications, my role is to support them. I do this through phone calls and via Skype. I love interacting with people and working with them to resolve issues. – Shiv Kumar, Systems Analyst, ANZ
Shiv is happy at ANZ as he sees a good growth path. “I have a lot to learn. Every app has an individual developers’ team. I work with them and this helps increase and improve my knowledge of programming-related information”.
Shiv’s attitude is a major winning factor, says Arup Kumar Biswal, Technical Lead, in Shiv’s team.
“This is my first experience working with a person with disability. Shiv is very good at his work. He also shows great sincerity”. Another positive is that Shiv works well independently. “He handles shifts entirely by himself and shows great initiative”, adds Arup. “He works well with the team and cooperates with everyone”.
- Star Bazaar deaf employees Mukta, Adil & Murugesh get a chance to shine in different roles
- As process advisor at Barclays, Shagun Pathak works actively to promote a culture of inclusion
- Haresh Kumar Punamiya, team leader at Barrier Break, loves his role as mentor
- Nikhil Rai Sahore, technical recruiter with Allegis Group, is fired up about learning new technologies
- Visual impairment does not come in the way of Cisco-India IT engineer Karthik K doing his best
- Pradeep More, Sales Head, Cart With Heart, proves being deaf is no barrier to excellence at work
- High pressure situations bring out the best in Yogitha S, service delivery engineer at Dell EMC
Watch in Sign Language
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!