Kangana accuses media of defamation
July 13, 2019
Actor Kangana Ranaut’s spat with journalists does not seem to be coming to a peaceful end anytime soon.
Kangana Ranaut’s lawyer have issued a statement in the matter and it has been shared by her sister and manager Rangoli Chandel on Twitter.
As per the official statement issued by Kangana’s advocate Siddiqui & Associates, the actor was openly ridiculed, harassed and criminally intimidated by the journalist.
The statement states, “These so-called unprofessional Journalists mischievously seek to use public platform on every given opportunity, to illegally and criminally harass any celebrity including my said client, despite full knowledge that their illegal and criminal acts are not “freedom of speech but amounts to defamation”.
Rangoli Chandel also tweeted,” Sir yeh dukan ko band karvayeinge aur inko jail bhi bhijvayeinge criminal kahin ke, how dare they threaten defame and intimidate Kangana ...”
The whole controversy started when a heated argument took place between Kangana and journalist Justin Rao at a promotion event for the upcoming movie Judgmentall Hai Kya?
Later the journalists demanded an apology from Kangana and refused to give her any media coverage until she apologizes.
In response to the boycott threat, Kangana Ranaut addressed the journalists through a video message and said, “I request you people with folded hands to go ahead and ban me, kyuki main nahi chahti ke meri wajah se tum logo ke ghar mein chulha jale (because I don’t want you guys to earn your livelihood on my name).”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News