Narendra Modi addresses nation
August 9, 2019
On Thursday 8 pm, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation, mainly focusing on scrapping of Article 370 at Jammu and Kashmir. He pointed out that the article had added to terrorism and nepotism in the valley which the government had to control at the earliest. He assured that the situation in Jammu and Kashmir will come back to normalcy very soon.
While addressing my fellow Indians today, I spoke at length about the new era of development in Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh. The entire country is with the people of these regions as they embark on the path to progress. Everything will be done to fulfil people's aspirations-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
According to Modi, J&K will not be made a Union Territory for a long time. In his 38 minute speech, he highlighted on why the central government decided to make such a historical move. Elections will be held in the state, and Kashmiris living in the valley are going to have full power over the governance of their state. Modi further added that, "The government decision will only bring positive changes in the lives of people living in J&K".
According to him, dawning of a new era is going to give people from J&K more rights and responsibilities. Development will be in the right direction. Children in the state, who never got benefits from right to education, will now be able to avail it. Businesses will flourish in the J&K giving more opportunities to the common man.
The central government's decision definitely had a lot of well-wishers who took to social media to express their happiness.
"PM @narendramodi in his address spoke truly like statesman, instilling confidence and inspiring hope for a brighter future. Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh will now become a hub of development and investment, it was loud and clear. #KashmirWithModi", tweeted Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
"Listening to our PM s speech on NDTV ... . May his every word come true for the people of J&K . ...... salute his vision and intention...!!!", tweeted actor Juhi Chawla.
"Listening to Prime Minister @narendramodi !!! He certainly is the most inspirational political leader in the world", tweeted actor Anupam Kher.
Watch in Sign Language
- No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
August 17, 2019
- UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
August 17, 2019
- Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
August 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
- Events August 13, 2019 Inclusive Walkathon
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Education August 12, 2019 A YouTuber by chance, Husna Ameen proves disability is no barrier to pursue dreams
- Headlines August 11, 2019 Omar Abdullah's party challenges Centre's move on J&K
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 PM Modi's direction to develop app for disabled people welcomed
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 Challenge your disability to challenge people who think you can't make it in life - By Ephraim Ddiba
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News