Priyanka responds to criticism over tweet
August 12, 2019
International actor Priyanka Chopra, over time, has proved that she is an epitome of grace and class. The actor who has represented India in many platforms, is a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador as well. On Saturday, Chopra who was speaking at the Beauty Con LA event in the United States, was verbally attacked by a Pakistani woman. Apparently, this is over a tweet made by the actor just after the Balakot strikes. Chopra had tweeted, "Jai Hind #IndianArmedForces", to which the Pakistani woman said that Chopra is promoting nuclear war between India and Pakistan. The actor, who let the woman complete her statement and vent out her anger, responded in a calm and composed manner.
I have many, many friends from Pakistan and I am from India. War is not something I'm really fond of but I am patriotic, so I'm sorry if I hurt sentiments to people who do love me and have loved me. But I think that all of us have a, sort of, middle ground that we all have to walk. Just like you probably do as well. The way that you came at me right now girl, don't yell. We're all here for love-Priyanka Chopra.
The woman who said that people like her has always supported Priyanka Chopra in business, can be seen keeping quiet after the statement is made. The video of Chopra's response has won many hearts on social media and some negative criticisms too.
"Ugh this is not even a "response". She utterly dodges the question and then asks the audience member to not yell and embarrass herself. This is just disgusting the @UN really needs to rethink its ambassadors", tweeted writer Madhuri Sastry.
"Now #priyankachopra 's heckler of Pakistani self identity pulls the "brown women" race card. Yeah", tweeted writer Asra Q Nomani.
"Priyanka Chopra, an extremely powerful woman who claims to be all about empowerment, trying to shut up another brown woman who's rightfully upset AIN'T IT. I'm upset I supported her for so long", tweeted Sai.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News