A two day celebration of madness, neurodiversity and human rights.
Be it a physical disability or mental illness, disability as a concept is seen as less than . Family members, friends, media outlets and society as a whole, reinforce this perception. This affects the self-definition of and opportunities accessible to a whole group of citizens. In addition, self stigmatization also exists to a large extent. Although the focus of Bhor is mental health, we want to take a cross disability perspective as mental health has an intersectionality with other disabilities and marginalisations.
Through a public festival of reclamation , we aim to show how disabled peoples are as normal as the so called normal or perfectly abled people. If people with disabilities can work, live, love, laugh, engage with the world just as everyone else, isnt disability just a social construct?
- Starts on: Saturday, 07 Sep 2019 at 10:30 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 08 Sep 2019 at 07:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: Hotel Regent Grand 2/6, East Patel Nagar Near Pusa Road
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Bhor Foundation
- Organizer Website: https://bhorfoundation.com