Restrictions lifted in Jammu
August 15, 2019
The restrictions that had been imposed across the state of Jammu and Kashmir after the removal of article 370 have been lifted partially.
The Additional Director General of Police, Munir Khan has said that all restrictions have been removed from the Jammu region however, they continue to remain in effect in Kashmir for the time being. Schools, offices are reportedly operating as usual in Jammu and day to day life is getting back to normal.
Authorities are lifting the restrictions in a phased manner to ensure that peace is maintained across the state.
Munir Khan said while speaking to a news agency, "Everything is in place. Celebrate 15th August, 'dabake' (with energy)." "All arrangements are in place to ensure peaceful celebrations across the state," he added.
As per reports the overall situation in the valley is under control barring a few minor incidents of protests and stone pelting.
While several Kashmiri leaders still remain under house arrest, former IAS topper turned politician Shah Faesal was detained by the authorities at the Delhi airport yesterday. As per reports, Faesal had plans to travel to Istanbul, he has been sent back to Srinagar and placed under house arrest under the Public Safety Act.
Faesal had tweeted earlier against the government and said," There is no Eid. Kashmiris across the world are mourning the illegal annexation of their land. There shall be no Eid till everything that has been stolen and snatched since 1947 is returned back. No Eid till the last bit of insult is avenged and undone."
Security has been tightened in J&K for the Independence Day celebrations today.
The state was put under a lock down, without access to phone and internet services after the central government took away the special status for Jammu and Kashmir by revoking article 370.
Congress party activist Tehseen Poonawala had appealed to the Supreme Court against the government's decision to keep the state of J&K under lockdown however, the court refused to interfere with the decision made by the administration.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News