Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
July 13, 2019
Rohit Sharma is likely to lead the Indian side in the next series against the West Indies. Virat Kohli is taking a long break after the ICC World Cup 2019.
India, who was knocked out of the World Cup in the semi-finals afteran 18-run defeat to New Zealand, will travel to West Indies for a full series of two Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is. The India vs West Indies will begin from 3 August with the T20I series. The first two T20Is will be played at Florida.
Jasprit Bumrah might be rested from series as well. Both Kohli and Bumrah have been playing all three formats of the game for the past two years and the Indian cricket board wants to give them a break so they are fresh for the second half of the year. "They are important players for the team and the team management and selection committee wants them to stay fresh for the home season ahead. They have already had a hectic season in the past one year,” said some sources in the BCCI to the media.
The selectors are likely to meet to choose the teams for the West Indies series after the Indian team returns from England. There is no news about M S Dhoni’s availability for the West Indies tour. There were reports that he would announce his retirement after he played his last World Cup match in the semi-final. There are rumours that Dhoni may make an announcement after he returns to his hometown Ranchi after a few days.
The Indian team is yet to leave England after the semi final as the cricket board failed to arrange return tickets for the Indian side on time,. They will get it only on or after Sunday, when England and New Zealand will play in the World Cup final at Lord’s.
While a few players are set to return to India, some others are expected to stay back or leave for different destinations for a break.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Disabled music enthusiasts call adaptive gears the next big thing
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News