Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
July 16, 2019
The coalition government in Karnataka will get a chance to prove majority in assembly on Thursday, 18 July. The trust vote will be held to ascertain if the government has enough numbers to continue in power.
"I have directed the Chief Minister to hold the floor test in the Assembly on Thursday (July 18)," said Speaker K.R. Ramesh Kumar.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka HD Kumaraswamy and former Chief Minister and Congress leader Siddaramaiah both have claimed confidence in their alliance strength.
BS Yeddyurappa, BJP state president and former CM said, "Today at the Speaker's meeting, we have discussed in detail and CM himself has expressed his desire to move a confidence motion on Thursday. For that we have agreed and we told the Speaker that in between this we don't want to discuss any business in the Assembly. Let us wait for Thursday."
The Congress-JD(S) coalition came in danger after 16 MLAs submitted their resignations to the Assembly Speaker. The resignations are yet to be accepted by the Assembly Speaker and the matter has also been raised with the Supreme Court.
Of the 16 rebels, 13 MLAs are of the Congress and three of the JD(S) party. The rebel MLAs have been staying at a hotel in Mumbai while their party leaders have been trying to coax them into withdrawing the resignations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 24, 2019 No more peace talks with India, says Imran Khan
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News