Zomato trends on social media for response over delivery boy
August 2, 2019
Food delivery app Zomato is truly winning hearts. Last month, they were in the news for hiring a disabled delivery boy and even giving him a tri-scooter to make deliveries easier. A day before, Amit Shukla, a Zomato user, tweeted on their Zomato page asking them to provide him with a Hindu delivery body because he has been assigned a non-Hindu man for delivering his food. Zomato added that they are unable to cancel the order or refund him. It also did not take much time for Zomato to come up with an epic answer to Shukla's post.
Food doesn't have a religion. It is a religion-Zomato, India
Their tweet was backed by none other than Zomato founder Deepinder Goyal.
"We are proud of the idea of India - and the diversity of our esteemed customers and partners. We aren't sorry to lose any business that comes in the way of our values", tweeted Zomato Founder Deepinder Goyal.
Ever since Zomato tweeted this on Wednesday morning, Twitter is flooded with congratulatory wishes for the food app service. Some users also picked up the incident of a Zomato guy eating ordered food on his way to deliver it, an incident that happened a couple of months back.
"Discrimination of any form is wrong. Good thoughts by #Zomato. Although, I have stopped ordering food from any food delivery sites, Since this happened. #eat at home be healthy, be safe", tweeted Abhinav.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Singer Mika apologizes to nation
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 17 – Aug 23
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 11, 2019
Headlines August 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News